Helpful hints for the audience:
- Try these spots for nearby parking: Boulder Public Library, St. Julien Hotel, Mustard’s Last Stand.
- The performance venue is wheelchair accessible, but the bathrooms are *not*. There are accessible bathrooms nearby at the Boulder Public Library.
- Enter through the gates on 9th Street near the corner of Arapahoe.
- You’ll be rambling along with our outcasts through the thick of the forest of Arden, so dress for an outdoor evening and wear sensible shoes for your banishment.
Get ready to enjoy some delicious beer, cider, and s’mores cookies (gluten-free!) from our awesome community partners: Piece, Love & Chocolate, Colorado Cider Company, Fiction Beer Company. They support art in our community — please show them your love!
About the show
Band of Toughs puts a fresh spin on Shakespeare’s As You Like It in the outdoor twilight of downtown Boulder. Similar to our “★★★★★” sold-out production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the audience will be a part of the action, as fixtures at court and rambling along with our outcasts through the thick of the forest of Arden.
We promise twinkling lights, s’mores, tasty beer and live music—plus intrigue and exile, idiotic infatuations, raucous rabble-rousers and lovers who aren’t boring.
See why Fringe reviewers exclaim: “A thoroughly UNFORGETTABLE, full-immersion experience!” “Most memorable Boulder International Fringe Festival show I’ve ever seen.”
Join us for Shakespeare’s classic summer comedy, set in the most brilliant of locations, with a group of no-holds-barred, Bard-wielding trouble makers!
Dates and times:
Thursday, August 18th 7:30 pm*
Saturday, August 20th 7:30 pm
Monday, August 22nd, 7:30 pm
Thursday, August 25th, 7:30 pm
Saturday, August 27th, 4:00 pm & 7:30 pm
Highland City Club
885 Arapahoe Ave
Boulder, CO 80302
* Special 2-for-1 deal available for opening night, August 18th.
Box office opens at 7:00 pm prior to each performance (cash or check only at the door). Advanced ticketing for all Boulder Fringe Festival shows are available at the Boulder Fringe website. During the Festival, you can also purchase tickets at Fringe Central, hosted at Shine Restaurant and Gathering Place.
The cast and creative team is: Aaron Bustamante, Karina Costantino, Sean Michael Cummings, Monica Dionysiou, Erik Fellenstein, Jeff Goldberg, Michael Gunst, Seth Harris, Katie Medved, Kate Moore, Colleen Mylott, Janet Mylott, David Ortolano, Sara Preinitz, David Saphier, Michael Sater, Michael Strzepek, Ben Waugh, Cynthia Ward, Lucy Roucis, Julia Owen